February 2, 2016

Trends of 2016



2016 seems like it’ll be promising on many aspects. 2016 is when I finally graduate from college and enter the real world. The people of the United States may elect its first female president (Korea already has our first female president!). The summer olympic games will be held in Rio de Janeiro. Finding Dory — the sequel to Finding Nemo — will be released. And, I’m going to be a bridesmaid for my sister’s wedding in June. Good things are in store for 2016.

Even more promising are the fashion trends and favorites of this year. Let's take a look!




1. THE LONG BOB

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Vanessa Hudson, Jennifer Lawrence, Karlie Kloss

Okay, so my signature hair style is long and straight. Just simple. But the returning trend of the long bob is tempting me to chop off all my hair before the hot summer returns in June. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Vanessa Hudson, Jennifer Lawrence, Karlie Kloss, and more...this year's hot hair trend is for sure a long bob, that just brushes the shoulders. 




2. BIG LENSES

Dolce & Gabbana, Opening Ceremony, Gucci, Marco de Vincenzo

The rule for sunglasses this year: go big or go home. The spring collections of 2016 have been overwhelmed with the amount of oversized sunglasses. And no one is complaining. The first pair of oversized sunglasses I ever bought were these black bug-eyed sunglasses from House of Harlow 1960. I guess it'll be my go-to sunglasses this year. While the Dolce & Gabbana sunglasses are a bit too floral for me, I still love them. I love them all. Please, Santa, I'll take all four for my early-early-Christmas present. 



3. THE BOMBER JACKET

Soo Joo Park (Isabelle Marant), Kendall Jenner (Chanel), Kate Moss (Louis Vuitton), Gigi Hadid (Alpha Industries)

The number one choice for models off-duty? The bomber jacket. The perfect piece to complete the casual but chic ensemble, I need a new bomber jacket for my closet. I personally love the embroidered bomber jacket, especially the bright pink Isabelle Marant bomber jacket that Soo Joo Park was seen wearing. 



4. MINI-BAG

Chloe, Burberry, Balenciaga, Chloe

I love the mini-bags seen in Chloe Spring 2016 Ready-to-Wear. I think the mini-bag is perfect for the smart phone generation, where all we need to carry around are our iPhones and credit cards. The mini-bags by Burberry have even adopted the shape of a smart phone. As for the Baleciaga, it looks like it will be the perfect simple bag to match any evening dress. 



5. SHADE + ILLUMINATE

Clinique Chubby Stick, Tom Ford Shade + Illuminate, Hourglass Ambient Lighting Pallete, Benefit Fine One One

My daily makeup routine doesn't include contouring or highlighting. But, recently, contouring makeup tutorials are all that I see on my Instagram Search & Explore feed. I've been obsessed with Chloe Morello, the Australian makeup artist, and her makeup tutorials. Clearly, the makeup trend for 2016 will continue to be dominated by contouring and highlighting. I would never go so intense to look like one of the Kardashians or anything, but light use of contouring can help slim my face a bit. 



6. TWEED JACKET AND SKIRT

Rihanna, Penelope Cruz, Gwyneth Paltrow, Julianne Moore

If there is one thing I need in my closet, its a tweed suit from Chanel. My favorite show from Spring 2016 Ready-to-Wear was Chanel, seeing the matching tweed pieces at the Chanel airport last October.  And, from the Spring 2016 Haute Couture? The long tweed midi skirts were to die for. I love the feminine image of the tweed matching jacket and skirt. I need one. Please. 



7. DOUBLE DENIM


Double denim? Yes. A good choice for a day outfit. I remember seeing my sister falling in love with this trend after seeing her favorite Kim Kardashian wearing an all denim outfit. She has been following the double denim look ever since. Personally, I wear the denim shirt paired with denim jeans very sparingly, usually whenever I go to school or for a lazy outing on a Saturday. I don't ever wear a denim pencil skirt with a denim shirt, but the picture of Olivia Palermo in her denim outfit is one for my Inspiration Pinterest board. 



8. KOREAN BEAUTY


There are a lot of Korean models, like Irene Kim and Soo Joo Park. But the new face Sora Choi has made a great entrance into the international modelling world. She was the runner up on Korea's Next Top Model but it's great to see her on the pages of Coach and Marc Jacobs. She is my favorite Korean model of the moment. Hopefully, she'll be the next "It" model!



9. THE LOAFERS


Gucci's new line of loafers...a combination of the masculinity of the loafers and the femininity of the heel and pearls. I'm not sure how much I love pearls, but I'm in love with these loafers. I need some new loafers for fall.



10. KENDALL & GIGI


These two BFFs never go anywhere without the other. Anywhere I go, I see these two together. I would love to hang out with these two and join their little entourage. 





No comments

Post a Comment

Ask Away.

© Paper and chic.
Maira Gall