January 23, 2016

Number Twenty-Two


Number TWENTY-TWO, January 22nd.

The photo of today is a look into my make-up bag! When it comes to make-up, I like to keep everything simple. So I usually try to avoid using foundation in general. Instead, I use the Dr. Jart Dis-A-Pore Beauty Balm (not pictured) as a base for my make-up. I feel that this gives my face a more natural look and keeps my make-up from having that “cake-d” look that I always try to avoid.


I have been a loyal Dr. Jart customer for over two years now and I find that its skin products works very well on my skin. I have tried using Khiels and Clarins many times, but I feel that my skin can be a bit sensitive. So, I stick to using Dr. Jart's Most Moist Water-Sure Gel and Most Moist Water-Act Skin Mist. It's very light but also keeps my skin hydrated, which is perfect for this cold weather we've been having in Seoul. As you can see, this sea-green Most Moist line is my favorite product line from Dr. Jart because it targets dry skin. The Water-Max Sleeping Mask is one of my newest purchases from Lotte Department Store and I'm pretty satisfied with it. I just spread some one my face before I go to sleep and wash it off in the morning -- I recommend it! I also use the Dr. Jart Mineral BB Pact as my finishing powder and I highly recommend it as well. I have been using this same product as my powder for the past three years and I have no reason to buy a different one.

Along with my Dr. Jart BB, I sometimes use my Hera Age Reverse Cushion because its pretty easy to use. At first, I had my reservations about using cushions because of the care that goes into maintaining the hygiene of the cushion itself. But, after seeing how easily I can apply the liquid foundation through the cushion, the hassle is pretty worth it. 

For my blemishes, my lifesaver is my Full Cover Extreme Camouflage Cream concealer from Make Up For Ever! My sister recommended this concealer and it hasn't disappointed me yet. Because I prefer a thin, light layer of foundation on my skin, I rely on a good concealer to cover up my blemishes. 

For my dark circles under my eyes, I use the YSL Touche Eclat concealer. It was actually a Christmas gift from my mom and is one of my favorite products I’m using right now. I find that it doesn’t dry out my skin so much and it even has a glowing effect. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a product that conceals dark circles but also acts as a highlighter.

Along with the Touche Eclat, at times, I use the Instant Age Rewind Eraser Treatment from Maybelline. It's easy to apply because I can just roll on the concealer from the micro-corrector applicator. I would choose the YSL before Maybelline any time, but its affordable and easy-to-use.

For my lips, I use the Dior Addict Lip Glow in 004 Coral. I'm pretty sure every Korean girl in their 20s uses this exact same lipgloss from Dior. While I don't like to follow the crowd, its actually a really good product. I have very chapped lips so I try to avoid using matted lip sticks, but the Dior Addict is moisturizing yet gives my lips a vibrant color.


For now, an end to the list of my current beauty products.

#365photos #aphotoaday #PhotoADayChallenge #PhotoJournal

No comments

Post a Comment

Ask Away.

© Paper and chic.
Maira Gall