I love watching the videos uploaded by Vogue on their YouTube channel, especially the 73 questions interview. The first one I watched was the interview of Sarah Jessica Parker and, while the interview can have its awkward moments, I loved how the interview was done without any editing. One of my favorite interviews was of Victoria Beckham, who I happen to love and admire.
So, here is my version of the 73 questions interview:
1. How long have you been in the area?
In Seoul? About four and a half years?
2. What’s your favorite season in Seoul?
Spring, when the cherry blossoms bloom.
3. What’s your favorite activity in Seoul?
Going on a late night stroll along the Han River.
4. Would you ever leave Seoul?
I love my hometown, but I would leave for an adventure anywhere.
5. What are three words to describe living in Seoul?
Loud, crowded, convenient.
6. What’s your favorite movie?
7. Favorite movie in past five years?
Testament of Youth.
8. Favorite Hitchcock film?
9. Favorite TV show that’s currently on?
10. What’s a book you plan on reading?
“All the Light We Cannot See” by Anthony Doerr.
11. A book you read in school that positively shaped you?
“Lord of the Flies” by William Golding.
12. A book you read in school that you never think of?
“Heart of Darkness” by Joseph Conrad.
13. On a scale of one to ten how excited are you about life right now?
Hmmm maybe about 7.5?
14. iPhone or Android?
iPhone of course! Once an Apple user, always an Apple user.
15. Twitter or Instagram?
Instagram for sure!
16. Vine or Snapchat?
Totally into snapchat these days!
17. Who should EVERYONE be following right now?
My favorite fashionista, Alexa Chung (@chungalex)!
18. What’s the coolest thing in this room?
My bookshelf, full of book and random memorabilia.
19. What’s your favorite downtown restaurant?
My new favorite noodle place — Myeongdong Gyoja.
20. What’s your favorite food?
Sushi! I could literally eat sushi for every meal.
21. Least favorite food?
Gorgonzola pizza with honey.
22. What do you love on your pizza?
Veggies! All sorts of veggies!
23. Favorite drink?
24. Favorite dessert?
25. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?
Milk chocolate, no question.
26. Weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
Live octopus. I could feel it moving around in my mouth. Gross, but actually pretty good.
27. What was the first film you saw at the cinema?
28. What’s your favorite band?
My favorite band, at the moment, would have to be One Direction!
29. Favorite solo artist?
30. Favorite lyrics?
What goes around comes around? What goes up must come down? (“Karma” by Alicia Keys)
31. If your life were a song, what would the title be?
“Dream” by Priscilla Ahn.
32. If you could sing a duet with anyone, who would it be?
I’m gonna go with…Ariana Grande!
33. If you could master one instrument, what would it be?
34. If you had a tattoo, where would it be?
Somewhere I could easily hide it, so maybe on the back of my neck?
35. To be or not to be?
36. Bath or shower?
Bath, with bubbles and bath salts.
37. Scary film or happy endings?
Happy endings (never scary films)!
38. Dogs or cats?
39. Kittens or puppies?
40. Dolphins or koalas?
41. Bird-watching or whale-watching?
42. What’s your spirit animal?
According to Spiritanimal.com, the owl.
43. Best gift you’ve ever received?
My first iPhone.
44. Last gift you gave a friend?
A hoodie from H&M.
45. A person you want to have coffee with?
Donald Trump, just to hear the ridiculous things he has to say.
46. A historical figure you’d love to have coffee with?
47. How do you like your coffee?
Hot, with milk.
48. Can I play a note on this piano?
I don’t have a piano but, if I did, sure!
49. What’s your favorite curse word?
50. What’s your favorite board game?
51. What’s your favorite country to visit?
52. What’s the last country you visited?
53. What country do you wish to visit?
54. Favorite sport to watch?
55. Can you write down your favorite word that starts and ends with the same vowel?
56. What’s your favorite color?
57. Least favorite color?
58. What color dress did you wear to your prom?
A black BCBG dress.
59. Diamonds or pearls?
60. Cheap shampoo or expensive?
They all seem the same to me, so I’m going to go with cheap.
61. Blow-dry or air-dry?
62. Heels or flats?
63. What film made you cry the most?
“Hachi: A dog’s tale”.
64. What was the last thing you ate?
Apples and potato chips (a good combination).
65. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
66. What would be the title of your autobiography?
“Lived, Loved, and Saw”
67. Pilates or yoga?
68. Jogging or swimming?
69. Best way to decompress?
Go to a cafe all by myself and read a book.
70. If you had one superpower, what would it be?
Being able to read anyone’s mind.
71. Can you describe an experience you felt most nervous?
Anytime I have to give a presentation in front of a lot of people.
72. What’s the weirdest word in the English language?
Syzygy — (n) an alignment of celestial bodies.
73. Last question: Is this the strangest interview you’ve ever had?
Yep. Everyone that had to the 73 questions interview on Vogue had to have practiced a lot.